Wednesday, July 2, 2014

In Search of my Rib..

Going by the scriptures God created Eve from Adam’s Rib…

So today, I am writing about how I found my Missing Rib, my Eve. It is true that God has great plans for everyone same way he has planned the right partners for us. But for me, I had to do discern what my calling was.

Having first believed that a priest calling was mine, I worked on towards becoming a priest. I started praying to make my calling stronger. It was after the School of Mission that my calling became stronger and everyone around me encouraged me. They kindly said that I would become good Priest and so I thought that this was my calling.

My parents and my extended family weren't happy with my decision. It was those bad days I had to face lot of anxiety, pressure and what not. I was slow in taking my decision and God honored my prayers. Two years after the School of Mission I decided to go for a discernment retreat. Even before my retreat started, I was sure that my vocation is to priesthood. You will not believe this but my mom was fasting and praying that I should not become a priest. Haha. To my surprise, by the end of the retreat I discerned marriage. I was shocked!!! I was wondering what my friends will think considering all this time I have been saying I am going to become a priest. To tell you the truth, I couldn't personally accept the outcome of the discernment. Later, Jesus made me to understand why he chose me for marriage.

I am thanking God for making me to go through the process of discernment so now I am sure that whatever I am doing is according to the will of God. Here is the part where things became bit more complicated for me... Where is this Girl whom I am going to marry and spend my whole life with? So I start the hunt for my rib that would fit me exactly. Now there were some things I wanted to see in my future partner. I wanted her to be spiritual, seeking God’s Love, and living in his merciful providence and Definitely Beautiful in my eyes. It didn’t take much time I found three women fulfilling my prerequisites. I call it plan A, plan B, plan C. From Plan A to C, all were failures. I was heartbroken. There were no signs of marriage in my friend’s circle, as most of the girls preferred me as a friend than a partner. Anxiety started growing with most of my friends getting married. I started to pray for my partner earnestly to Jesus I asked him to show me the right person I made a complete surrender of my life.



A miracle happened. One of my brother’s in Christ suggested a girl whom he knew (Ann Daisy). When I came to know who it was I was shocked. I said no it won’t work out because Ann and I had a bad run-in some years ago. My friend laughed and said Ann had also said the same thing but even then she is ready to talk. We first spoke to each other on November 26th 2013.Within three days of talking, sharing and praying we understood in our Spirits that it is because of God will we have been united.

We spoke to our parents and today (July 2, 2014) Ann and I going to be united as one through the sacrament of matrimony. I wanted to post this blog on my big day  to show how Lord was so faithful to answer my prayers and blessed with a wonderful partner in my life MY RIB. My ANN.





2 comments:

  1. Dom your open sharing here about your process is inspirational. I just read it now and am deeply touched both by your trust and surrender. Congratulations to you and many happy years together with Ann.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Kat akka for your prayers and encouragement. You have always been a great inspiration.

      Delete